Customer Experience is key. Like every other process, customer visits have to be planned and managed. People remember experiences and one bad experience will be remembered more than all the good experiences, put together.
In an increasing digital world, improving Customer Experience has to be planned bearing in mind the heightened customer expectations:
- Customers are impatient. They can’t be expected to just wait. As a minimum they need to know how long the wait is going to be so they can plan their time. They also need to be given a choice in real time to visit other branches with shorter waiting times, and need to be reassured, they will avail the first appointment, transparently and be alerted when their turn comes.
- Customers are tech savvy and prefer self-service as long as a little guidance is available. Standing is line is absolutely not acceptable.
- With social media customers have the power to become raving brand ambassadors or destroy reputations instantly;
- The customer is self-centered and has many choices. There should not be any reliance on loyalty.
Service delivery and smart machines come in handy at:
- Distribution and delivery warehouses – lorries/trucks/tankers can be allocated appointment tokens and informed of appointment progress. Workflows can be planned around multiple deliveries and loading preferences.
- Car service check in, payment and check out.
- Customs – where duties/taxes have to be assessed and paid.
- Customer complaints departments.
The New Rules
Changing customer behavior and the emergence of new technologies require new ways of working. Customers demand non-stop business with no waiting and prefer self-service in routine transactions e.g. payments. If done properly, this arrangements can lead to more business, efficiencies and cost savings.
Technology has several goals:
- The migration of transactions to self-service and digital channels,
- 24/7 customer access for most interactions,
- A personalized and targeted approach to sales, and
- A superior and unified omni-channel user experience, every time.
Multi-branch technology solutions provided by 4POWER enable these goals. Customer Visit Management & Service Delivery Solutions take care of the consistent, personalized and improved customer experience, whereas Self Service Machines provide a non-stop and no waiting business environment.